Baraboo Riptide offers two options for swimmers
Any swimmer wanting to join the team must be able to swim 25 yards on their own with no assistance from another individual or device (such as a life jacket) and have passed level 3 swim lessons.
- Spring Swim Clinic - this clinic starts before the summer swim season and is used to help get swimmers "back in the pool" for the upcoming summer season. Practice options are available for 1 or 2 nights a week. The swim clinic is optional but in order to participate in the swim clinic you must register to join the team.
- Summer Swim - summer swim is the competition season and runs from the end of May to the end of July. Meets are typically held on Saturday mornings. Practices take place daily and swimmers must attend at least 3 practices to be eligible to swim in the meets on Saturday.
- Swimmers are required to swim in at least 3 meets to be eligible to participate in the conference meet at the end of the season.
2022 Registration Date
Registration for Baraboo Riptide is done online. The registration opening date will be announced on the home page of the Baraboo Riptide website.
2022 Spring Swim Clinic (times are subject to change based on the number of swimmers)
Dates: April 5 - May 12 at the Baraboo Indoor Pool
Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays
4:00-:4:45pm ages 8 & under
4:45-5:45pm ages 9-10, 11-12
5:45-7:00pm ages 13 & over
- 1 night of practice $65
- 2 nights of practice $115
Spring Swim Clinic options will be presented during the registration process. Swim clinic is not required but is encouraged to get swimmers "back in the pool" for the upcoming summer swim season.
Please note, no swimmer will be allowed to participate in the swim clinic until all monies are collected.
Current COVID protocols at the indoor pool will need to be followed during swim clinic.
2022 Summer Practice Schedule
Baraboo Indoor Pool: May 23-26 and May 31 - June 3 and June 6 No practice May 30 and June 8
- 4:00-4:45pm - Ages 10 & Under
- 4:45-6:15pm - Ages 11 & Over
Baraboo Outdoor Pool: June 9 through July 22
Mornings Monday-Friday 7:15am-10:15am practice time
- 7:15-8:30 Ages 13 & Over
- 8:30-9:30 Ages 9-10 & 11-12
- 9:30-10:15 Ages 8 & Under
Evenings Monday-Friday 5:15pm-6:15pm practice time
- Monday & Friday 5:15-6:15pm Ages 11 and over
- Tuesday & Thursday 5:15-6:15pm Ages 10 and under
- Wendensday 5:15-6:15pm All ages
2022 Conference Week: July 25-29
Morning Practice Only
Outdoor Pool: Monday July 25 thru Friday July 29th
- 7:30-8:30 Ages 11 and Over
- 8:30-9:30 Ages 10 and Under
Swimmers should be attending all conference week practices if able.
2022 Summer Swim Fees
Fees include swim fee and pool fee regardless of address. Other fees will be presented at registration and include a concession buy out and volunteer fee.
Registration: $140 for the first swimmer, $130 for the second swimmer and $110 for each additional swimmer.
Please note, no swimmer will be allowed to participate in summer swim until all monies are collected.
Code of Conduct/Swimmer Expectations
Each swimmer is to abide by our swimmer code of conduct. The code of conduct is presented during the registration process.
Swimmer Expectations include:
- Swim your best, work toward the goals that you have set for yourself and those set by the team.
- Communication and cooperation with the coaches and with your teammates is everyone’s responsibility.
- Remember how good it feels to have a teammate give you support, and try to give the same in return.
- Participation in all meets is encouraged.