Baraboo Riptide offers two options for swimmers
Any swimmer wanting to join the team must be able to swim 25 yards on their own with no assistance from another individual or device (such as a life jacket) and have passed level 3 swim lessons.
- Spring Swim Clinic - this clinic starts before the summer swim season and is used to help get swimmers "back in the pool" for the upcoming summer season. Practice options are available for 1 or 2 nights a week. The swim clinic is optional but in order to participate in the swim clinic you must register to join the team.
- Summer Swim - summer swim is the competition season and runs from the end of May to the end of July. Meets are typically held on Saturday mornings. Practices take place daily and swimmers must attend at least 3 practices to be eligible to swim in the meets on Saturday.
- Swimmers are required to swim in at least 3 meets to be eligible to participate in the conference meet at the end of the season.
2023 Registration Date
Registration for Baraboo Riptide is done online. The registration opening date will be announced on the home page of the Baraboo Riptide website.
Spring Swim Clinic - we are working on the possibility of offering a Spring Swim Clinic. However the availability of coaches and pool time will determine if this will be possible in 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 1 night of practice $
- 2 nights of practice $
Spring Swim Clinic options will be presented during the registration process. Swim clinic is not required but is encouraged to get swimmers "back in the pool" for the upcoming summer swim season.
Please note, no swimmer will be allowed to participate in the swim clinic until all monies are collected.
Current COVID protocols at the indoor pool will need to be followed during swim clinic.
2023 Summer Practice Schedule
Baraboo Indoor Pool: May 23, 25 and May 30. June 1 and June 5-9 No practice May 24, 26, 31 and June 2
- 4:00-4:45pm - Ages 10 & Under
- 4:45-6:15pm - Ages 11 & Over
Baraboo Outdoor Pool: June 12 through July 21
Mornings Monday-Friday 7:15am-10:15am practice time
- 7:15-8:30 Ages 13 & Over
- 8:30-9:30 Ages 9-10 & 11-12
- 9:30-10:15 Ages 8 & Under
Evenings Monday-Friday 5:15pm-6:15pm practice time
- Monday & Friday 5:15-6:15pm Ages 11 and over
- Tuesday & Thursday 5:15-6:15pm Ages 10 and under
- Wednesday 5:15-6:15pm All ages
2023 Conference Week: July 24-26
Morning Practice Only
Outdoor Pool: Monday July 24 thru Friday July 28th
- 7:30-8:30 Ages 11 and Over
- 8:30-9:30 Ages 10 and Under
Swimmers should be attending all conference week practices if able.
2023 Summer Swim Fees
Fees include swim fee and pool fee regardless of address. Other fees will be presented at registration and include a concession buy out and volunteer fee.
Registration: $145 for the first swimmer, $135 for the second swimmer and $115 for each additional swimmer.
There will be a mandatory $3 per athlete fee added to each registration.
Please note, no swimmer will be allowed to participate in summer swim until all monies are collected.
Code of Conduct/Swimmer Expectations
Each swimmer is to abide by our swimmer code of conduct. The code of conduct is presented during the registration process.
Swimmer Expectations include:
- Swim your best, work toward the goals that you have set for yourself and those set by the team.
- Communication and cooperation with the coaches and with your teammates is everyone’s responsibility.
- Remember how good it feels to have a teammate give you support, and try to give the same in return.
- Participation in all meets is encouraged.