Welcome to the new Baraboo Riptide Website
We are excited to offer a new and improved website for the Baraboo Riptide Swim Team. Check back often for updated information.
Online Registration is OPEN
Please note swim meet changes: Riptide at Mazomanie will be held June 14th and Riptide vs Spring Green will be held on June 28th.
Welcome to Riptide Swim Team
What is Riptide Swim team? Simply put, it is a summer recreational swim team for kids. Each Saturday morning, teams gather at our pool or a pool within an hour's drive for a 3-4 hour swim. All swimmers usually will have at least three races. Each Spring, we start getting the kids ready with a stroke clinic, which gets the kids ready for summer. The spring stroke clinic is not mandatory. Riptide is an activity the whole family can participate in. Kids ages 5 through 18 all swim together at the same meets – in what other sport do you have such a wide range of age groups all working together as one team? Our goal is to have all swimmers support one another and to grow both physically and emotionally over the summer months. We are glad that you are part of our organization!
Mission of the Baraboo Riptide
- Promote the Team: All swimmers will show respect for all other team members and coaches. All swimmers will do their best to participate in practices, meets and special events.
- Promote Good Sportsmanship: All swimmers will respect competition rules, officials and other swimmers.
- Create an Atmosphere of Learning and Fun: All swimmers will learn basic skills and understand competition guidelines and rules. All swimmers should enjoy their participation as team members.
- Create a Good, Clean, Competitive Spirit: All swimmers will develop a personal sense of competition and understand that competition should enhance their own and others’ personal goals.
- Provide a Safe and Healthy Exercise: All swimmers will learn the benefits of exercise and physical improvement. All swimmers will participate in practices and meets under safe conditions.
- Become a Proficient Swimmer: All swimmers will progress with physical skills related to improving their swimming.