Swimmer and Parent Code
The following code must be read, and signed. In an effort to insure a safe and fun environment for all swimmers, coaches, Officials and Parents, the Baraboo Riptide
Board of Directors has adopted the following policies.
Riptide Discipline Code:
1 First infraction: Removal from the pool and must remain on the pool deck for the remainder of the practice. A
written notice will be issued and the parents will be notified
2. Second infraction: The swimmer will be suspended from the team for one meet. A written notice will be issued
and the parents will be notified.
3. Third infraction: Removal from the team. Parents will be notified.
4. Alcohol and illegal substances: All swimmers are expected to abstain from the use of alcohol and other illegal
substances at all times. Failure to comply with this expectation will result in the immediate removal from the team for
the remainder of the season.
The board has, at anytime, the right to remove a swimmer for conduct that is detrimental or inhibits the safety of
No refunds will be given for a suspended swimmer
As a SWIMMER on the Riptide Swim Team, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I will attend practices regularly.
2. I will be on time and properly prepared for practice and meets.
3. I will listen attentively to the coaches and follow their instructions.
4. I will show respect towards myself, coaches, teammates, officials, competitors and other volunteer at all times.
5. I will display a positive attitude toward the coaches and the team.
6. I will always show good sportsmanship.
7. I will be a positive, supportive, and encouraging teammate.
8. I will follow all safety guidelines before, during, and after practices and meets.
9. I will show respect for the facilities, property and equipment at all practices and meets.
10. I will swim the strokes and heats as assigned by my coaches in meets.
11. I will display good behavior at all times.
12. I will work to my full potential at all practices and meets and ALWAYS put forth 100% effort.
As a PARENT on the Riptide Swim Team, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I will make certain my swimmer attends practices regularly. (Minimum three practices per week are encouraged).
2. I will make certain my swimmer is on time and properly prepared for practices, meets.
3. I will make certain my swimmer is on time to the clerk of course and properly prepared to swim; it is not the
4. I will encourage and support my child, especially when they hit a performance plateau or downturn.
5. I will be a positive role model for my child at all times, by displaying good sportsmanship at all times.
6. I will be supportive of the coaches, officials and other volunteers.
7. I will not interfere with swimmers, coaches, officials; Swimmers – Swim, Coaches – Coach, Officials – Officiate,
Parents - Parent
8. I will watch my swimmer during practices and meets from the bleachers and outside the fence, never from the pool
deck or from behind the blocks.
9. I will support the coaches’ disciplinary procedures.
10. I will communicate with coaches before and after practices and meets as needed never during practice or meets.
11. I will display a positive attitude and not criticize or voice disagreements with the coaches in the presence of the
12. I will keep updated with communication about the team through the website, email, parent meetings and notices.
13. I will volunteer for meets, team events or for other activities as required.
14. I will notify the coaches NO LATER than 9:00am the Thursday BEFORE the scheduled swim meet if my
swimmer is unable to attend.
15. I will pay all registration fees in full, before the start of the season, and understand my swimmer will not be
allowed to enter the pool to practice or compete in a meet until all fees are paid in full.
16. I am solely and totally responsible for my swimmer’s behavior and that of any other children in my care during
any swim team practice, meets, or functions.
17. I will discuss appropriate locker room behavior with my swimmer(s) and will be responsible for my swimmer
when in the locker room.
18. I will get involved with the Team. Our parents are our greatest resource and we rely on their commitment and
creativity to operate at a high standard.
19. I have discussed the swimmer agreement above with my child and he/she understands it.
I HAVE READ SWIMMER AND PARENT CODE