Riptide May Update
Hello Riptide Families,
Hard to believe it is May already. Summer practice will begin towards the end of the month. Lots of things happening in the month of May as we get ready to start the season. So here are some important dates and other team information. Remember this information can be found on the team website.
May 11 - Riptide suit and team apparel orders are due.
See the team website for more information on suit and apparel orders. Remember, these are firm deadlines with no exceptions.
May 14 - Riptide Share Night at Pizza Ranch from 4pm to 8pm. We are looking for volunteers to help. Shifts will be from 4-6 and 6-8. Volunteers will help by greeting customers and helping to clear tables, much like the Culvers share night. Please let us know if you are able to help. You may also sign up online by logging into your account, clicking on schedule, then click on "Job Sign Up" for the Pizza Ranch Share Night.
May 23 - Riptide Team Picture, Parent Meeting and Pizza Party at the Indoor Pool. Join as at the indoor pool on this night. New families are encouraged to attend the parent meeting.
- Team Picture at 5:45pm (all registered swimmers)
- Optional Light Practice for all swimmers at 6:15pm
- Parent Meeting from 6:15 to 7:15pm
- Pizza party for the swimmers after practice at 7:15pm
May 28 - Registration fees due and First Day of Summer practice at the Indoor Pool.
- 4:00-4:45pm - Ages 10 & Under
- 4:45-6:15pm - Ages 11 & Over
If you still have an outstanding balance or have not paid your registration fees please do so by this day.
May 30 - Tbird Mini Tri. There will be no swim practice on this day. Younger swimmers (ages 4-14) are encouraged to participate and older swimmers are encouraged to volunteer if able. See the attached brochure for more information or to sign up. If you would like to volunteer please contact Heather Wood at the indoor pool.
- Swim Clinic - thank you for your understanding regarding the temporary closure of the indoor pool. Hopefully the issue will be repaired in a timely manner and swim clinic will resume next week.
- Culvers Share Night - Thank you to all the volunteers and those who attended the Riptide Share Night at Culvers. We received over $600 for our efforts. Thank you everyone!
- Concession & Volunteer Sign Ups - Many have been asking when will these open up? We had a meet scheduling conflict that has delayed opening of the sign ups. This is very close to being resolved. A separate email will be sent with instructions on how sign up for concessions and meet jobs. Thank you all for your patience as we work to figure this out.
I think that covers it for now. The start of the season is approaching fast. We are looking forward to a fun season. Thank you all for being a part of the Riptide Swim Team.
Michele and Jason